Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.
Mother Teresa

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

BELOVED PORCH SWING

A many times painted porch swing
sits forlorn with the last drifts of snow
cozied up in its corners...

It is a special place
I've cried there
laughed hard and loud with friends
kissed my sweetie
rocked my babies
and watched my sprawling 18 year old
lounge with a good book on lazy summer afternoons

On this cold dreary winter morning
it fills my soul with good memories
and hopes of the fun of spring and summer to come

Of easter eggs that will be tucked in the same corners that snow resides now
and little girls with dangling bare feet, squealing with joy
we'll watch beautiful sunrises and sunsets
and feel the warm breezes and scents of spring

Carl, the cat will stretch his regal body in the sunlight
I will kiss my sweetie
and the world will be right...

in our well loved, etched with worn, and a bit enchanted porch swing.

No comments: