Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.
Mother Teresa

Saturday, April 17, 2010

CS LEWIS

You can find his books all over our house...with the tenants of wisdom that have crossed the decades embedded in them--

Worn, cover-missing, edge curled versions of the "Chronicles of Narnia" reside next to the new, beautifully crafted and illustrated hard back versions.

Lewis's poignantly told love story bears some tear stains , branded on a few gripping, but delicate pages.

And, a favorite... The Screwtape Letters, is well marked up and underlined in all colors , having been loved with hands of all sizes, as it has been read and re-read by each of us.

So, a remark from one of his books seems especially appropriate when I am lacking in words to express thoughts...and for some reason, that fit this week.

Its been a week of priority shifting, and goal making, and planning, thinking...and reflecting.

And while I've done those things, the not so pleasant thoughts that go with those "forward thinking spurts" started to creep in...and I listened...

Like the reminders to me of my impatience,
of the things I wish I had said, and the one I regret that I DID say.
Mistakes, missed moments,
the things I feel sad about,
Loved ones that need an apology from me...
Events and people that I need to forgive,... and I need to ask forgiveness of.
Some big stuff, allot of little stuff.
Stuff I need to let go of, and stuff I need to do something about.

And,... With gut honesty, I made a promise to myself, and asked our Loving Father God to help me do just those things, those things above that need my attention...
I asked Him with His kind grace to guide me.

Because, it matters...

and I don't want to waste a moment ...

"The difference [God's] timelessness makes is that this now (which slips away from you even as you say the word now) is for Him infinite."

--Letters (1 August 1949)


HOW REFRESHING IT IS TO RELINQUISH ALL TO HIM, ASK HIM TO FORGIVE AND RENEW ME...ONCE AGAIN. BECAUSE HE NEVER GROWS WEARY OF DOING JUST THAT ...



yes, i caught a double rainbow!







Along with the reflecting I've been doin', allot of "doing" has been happening---and we are Enjoying Life!

WITH CUDDLY MORNINGS...



AND WATCHING QUYNH DISCOVER WHAT SHE CAN DO WITH HER "UNIQUENESSES".



WITH HAVING TEA PARTIES WITH THE GRANDEST OF GUESTS





WITH WILD HAIR DAYS, WISHING AND BLOWING, AND WALKING OUR DOGGIES IN THE SUNSHINE...






AND THE PROM TONIGHT...WITH HINTS AND PROMISES OF MANY NEW PICTURES AND MEMORIES BEING MADE...

Love from our house...

No comments: